For the burgers
- 800g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 medium sweet crisp apples
- 1 onion very thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp garlic granules
- 250ml Brothers Toffee Apple cider
- Bread buns
Quick apple slaw
- 1 apple - cored and grated
- 1 carrot - grated thinly
- 1/2 small red cabbage - sliced very thinly
- 2 tbsp good mayonnaise
In the recipe
Toffee Apple Cider
Unit price per
Need a summer festival food fix? Look no further. Our tasty Toffee Apple cider chicken burgers will help you scratch that itch. Just add sun, music and of course an ice cold Brothers Cider or two.
Method For The Chicken Burgers:
- Place the apples and onions in the base of a 3.5 litre slow cooker. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp garlic granules and the 1 tbsp tomato puree, and mix together.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with an additional 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp garlic granules.
- Place the chicken on top of the onion and apple mixture. Pour over 250ml Brothers Toffee Apple cider and the puree. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours, or until the chicken very tender and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken to a cutting board. Shred with forks.
For The Quick Apple Slaw:
- In a medium bowl combine the apples, cabbage, carrot, and mayo. Allow to sit for at least 5 minutes for the flavours to combine.
- Serve the Pulled Chicken piled into bread buns and top with quick apple slaw.