- 12 sponge fingers broken into pieces
- 500g strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 250ml of Brothers Rhubarb & Custard cider
- 500ml Brothers Strawberries & Cream cider
- 1 pack strawberry jelly crystals
- 1 gelatine leaf
- 600ml good-quality custard
- 600ml double cream to whip
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Finely grated chocolate
We have simply outdone ourselves by using not one but two of our tasty Brothers cider flavours for this delicious Summer Fruit Trifle recipe. This tempting fruit cider trifle looks amazing as a centrepiece at any party – or of course on your lap if you don’t want to share with anyone at all, we don’t judge at Brothers.
- Arrange sponge fingers in a large serving bowl and drizzle 100ml Brothers Rhubarb & Custard cider.
- Mix the jelly to instructions but use Brothers Strawberries & Cream cider instead of water. Heat 250ml Brothers Strawberries & Cream in a pan then add the remainder of the bottle once jelly has dissolved.
- Pour the jelly mixture on top of the sponge and chill for 2-3 hours until set.
- Arrange 500g quartered strawberries on top of the jelly.
- Soak gelatine leaf in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Heat 600ml custard in a pan.
- Add 150ml Brothers Rhubarb & Custard cider.
• Squeeze excess water from the gelatine and add to the custard.
• Stir over low heat until gelatine mixed and dissolved.
• Cool, then pour over the trifle.
• Chill for a further 1 hour to set.
• Whisk cream with icing sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form, then spread over the trifle.
• Garnish with grated chocolate and extra quartered strawberries, then serve.