- 660ml Parma Violet Cider
- 250ml Water
- 250g Sugar
- 1 Packet of Parma Violets sweets
In the recipe
Parma Violet Cider
Unit price per
Cool yourself down during this Easter heatwave with some delicious adults only Brothers Parma Violet Cider sorbet. Thanks to our friend Fabio for creating another wonderful addition to our sorbet recipe collection.
- Add sugar to a jug and pour over 250ml boiling water, stir until dissolved.
- Leave to cool.
- Mix all of the cider with the sugar syrup.
- At this point you should follow the directions for your ice cream maker. Or, if you don’t have an ice cream maker you can pour the mixture into an empty freezer-safe shallow bowl or pan. Anything stainless steel works well here. Avoid any material that might shatter.
- Put the container into the freezer for about 20-30 minutes.
- Once the edges start to freeze, take the mixture out and beat it using a hand mixer or fork.
- Repeat every 30 minutes or so until the mixture is firmly frozen, usually around four or five mixing sessions.
- On the very last mix, mix in some crumbled parma violets and ripple gently into the sorbet. DO NOT mix in fully, leave as chunks.
- Store the cider sorbet in a covered freezer container until ready to serve.
Recipe courtesy of www.fabgelato.com