800g red onions
200ml Brothers Toffee Apple cider
2 tbsp beeless honey or other vegan alternative
2 tsp wholegrain mustard
2 vegetarian sausages
In the recipe
Toffee Apple Cider
At Brothers Cider we are proud that all our ciders are vegan friendly, so you can relax in the knowledge that this delicious recipe for cider glazed vegan hot dogs is 100% suitable for vegans.
It’s also quick, easy to prepare, looks great and of course tastes amazing using our Brothers Toffee Apple cider. Sigh, it doesn’t get much better does it!
• Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
• Chop the red onions into rings; add a splash of oil and fry over a low heat for 10-15 minutes until the onions are soft and translucent.
• Add 200ml Brothers Toffee Apple cider, 2 tbsp beeless honey or other vegan alternative and 2 tsp mustard into a small saucepan and cook for 10 minutes, until the mixture has reduced by two thirds.
• Put the sausages into a roasting tin and cook for 10 minutes, then coat with the glaze and cook for a further 10-minute.
• Put the ciabatta into the oven and cook for 5 minutes. When the ciabatta is ready, pile high with your deliciously sticky onions and cider glazed sausages.