- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 medium chorizo sausages, skin off and diced roughly
- 500g pork mince
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1.5 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 2 tsp dried chipotle peppers
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 400g chopped tinned tomatoes
- 400g kidney beans
- 300ml Brothers Toffee Apple cider
- Soured cream
- Fresh coriander
In the recipe
Toffee Apple Cider
Unit price per
Who doesn't love a slow cooker meal? It makes life so much easier, makes food taste so much better, and this Toffee Apple Pork and Chorizo Chilli is no exception.
Packed full of the chilli flavours you know and love, this Toffee Apple Pork & Chorizo Chilli is the classic dish with a Brothers Cider twist. With the addition of our Toffee Apple cider there is a sweetness that perfectly compliments the saltiness of the chorizo. This Toffee Apple Pork & Chorizo Chilli really brings home-cooked comfort food to a new level.
Method - Serves 4
- Cook the onions in olive over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes.
- Then add the diced chorizo, stir and cook for a further 2 minutes, until slightly browned.
- Now add the pork stirring it in with the onion and chorizo.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes. Follow with the garlic, spices and balsamic, and stir together for 2 minutes to release the aromas.
- Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add the tomatoes, kidney beans and stir and the Brothers Toffee Apple Cider.
- Cover and cook on high 3 hours.
- Serve with rice, soured cream and coriander garnish.