330ml Brothers Toffee Apple Cider
1 Onion (peeled and chopped)
Sprig of Rosemary
3 Garlic Cloves
In the recipe
Toffee Apple Cider
The winter months call out for slow cooker recipes. They are super simple to prepare, and they literally cook themselves. Gammon lends itself to this style of low and slow cooking as it makes the meat soft and tender.
Method to serve 4 people:
• Add the chopped onion, rosemary and garlic into the slow cooker and place the gammon joint on top.
• Pour over a can of Brothers Toffee Apple Cider. Set the slow cooker temperature to its highest setting and leave to cook for 5-6 hours.
• Once the gammon is cooked the flavours from the cider and other ingredients should have infused their flavour into the meat. Remove the gammon from the slow cooker and allow to rest for 20 minutes. This will allow the gammon to firm up slightly to allow for easy carving.
• If you want to serve your gammon with a sauce, strain the cooking liquid in the slow cooker which will make a perfect base for a gravy.
• The world is your oyster! We enjoyed ours with garlic and rosemary parmentier potatoes (small cubes) and steamed broccoli. The Smokey Carter’s Sweet Original Chilli Jam makes for the perfect accompaniment too.
• The leftover gammon is perfect for making sandwiches with lashings of piccalilli or you can heat it up for gammon, egg and chips. Delish!
Recipe courtesy of www.thesmokeycarter.com