- 1 onion
- 4 Turkey Breasts
- 4 thick-cut smoked back bacon rashers
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 250ml Toffee Apple cider
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard heaped
- 1 Savoy cabbage
- 25g butter
In the recipe
Toffee Apple Cider
Unit price per
Fancy trying a twist on your traditional Christmas lunch? Impress your dinner guests with our delicious turkey breast, glazed with Brothers Toffee Apple cider and bacon recipe, a stress free alternative to cooking a whole turkey on the big day.
Full of flavour, succulent and juicy - the curious roast turkey alternative.
- Heat the oven to 175C/fan, 170C/Gas 5.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large ovenproof dish or roasting tin over a medium flame.
- Add the turkey breasts and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden.
- Remove turkey breasts from dish.
- Add the bacon and onion to the dish and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add 250ml Brothers Toffee Apple cider and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add in the Dijon mustard.
- Sit the turkey breasts back in the dish and add lid or cover with foil if using a roasting tin.
- Put in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, until the turkey is cooked through.
- Steam the cabbage until tender. Toss with butter and seasoning and serve with the turkey alongside some roast potatoes.