4 Turkey Breasts
4 thick-cut smoked back bacon rashers
1 tbsp plain flour
250ml Toffee Apple cider
1 tsp Dijon mustard heaped
1 Savoy cabbage
In the recipe
Toffee Apple Cider
Fancy trying a twist on your traditional Christmas lunch? Impress your dinner guests with our delicious turkey breast, glazed with Brothers Toffee Apple cider and bacon recipe, a stress free alternative to cooking a whole turkey on the big day.
Full of flavour, succulent and juicy - the curious roast turkey alternative.
• Heat the oven to 175C/fan, 170C/Gas 5.
• Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large ovenproof dish or roasting tin over a medium flame.
• Add the turkey breasts and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden.
• Remove turkey breasts from dish.
• Add the bacon and onion to the dish and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden.
• Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
• Gradually add 250ml Brothers Toffee Apple cider and simmer for 2 minutes.
• Add in the Dijon mustard.
• Sit the turkey breasts back in the dish and add lid or cover with foil if using a roasting tin.
• Put in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, until the turkey is cooked through.
• Steam the cabbage until tender. Toss with butter and seasoning and serve with the turkey alongside some roast potatoes.