- 6 chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp oil
- 250g uncooked white rice
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1 Lemon
- 250ml Toffee Apple Cider
- Parsley for garnish
For the Spanish seasoning mix
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Garlic granules
- 1 tsp Coriander
In the recipe
Toffee Apple Cider
Unit price per
Spicy, sweet, smoky, and packed full of flavour. This recipe is perfect for the end of summer and the beauty of this one is the adaptability – the chicken can be finished on the BBQ, or it can be cooked in advance and served cold as a side dish, or served more like a one-pot wonder Paella when those evenings start to creep in.
This homemade recipe is easy to make and best served with an ice-cold bottle of Brothers Toffee Apple cider.
Method - Serves 3
- In a small bowl mix together all ingredients for the Spanish seasoning mix.
- Place chicken thighs in a large bowl and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Tip the seasonal mix onto the chicken and mix to coat well.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to a large skillet and bring to medium heat.
- Cook chicken for 3 minutes on each side until browned. Transfer to a plate. (It won’t be cooked through at this point).
- Add rice, chicken stock, the juice from 1/2 of the lemon, Toffee Apple cider and stir.
- Return chicken to the pan on top of the rice. Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes until liquid is absorbed, rice is tender, and chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with lemon slices and freshly chopped parsley and serve immediately.