FOR THE WINGS
- 1Kg Chicken Wings
- 3 tbsp Chipotle BBQ rub
- Sunflower oil to brush the tray
- 25g butter
FOR THE GLAZE
- 150ml Rhubarb & Custard cider
- 1 tbsp hot chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
Here's another nice and easy recipe to spice up your life! Enjoy our delicious chicken hot wings smothered in a fiery Brothers Rhubarb & Custard cider glaze for that extra little kick.
- Place the wing pieces into a bowl and add two tablespoons of Smoky Chipotle BBQ Rub.
- Massage in the bowl to get a nice even coating on all the wings. Leave to marinate for a couple of hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, make the sweet and sticky glaze.
- Add all the glaze ingredients into a pan and reduce until it reaches a thick syrup-like consistency. This should take around 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool and put in the fridge until needed.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Place the wings on an oiled baking sheet. Cook in the oven for around 30-40 minutes, turning half way through. The wings are done when the skin is crispy and the meat pulls away from the bone.
- Once the wings are cooked through and crispy, melt the butter in a wok/pan and add the cooked wings. Toss in the wok until the wings are coated.
- Pour over the sticky Rhubarb & Custard glaze and continue to toss the wings in the pan. The glaze will start to caramelise on the wings. Once they are nicely coated they are ready to serve.