For the glaze
- 400ml Festival apple cider
- 10ml apple cider vinegar
- 30ml soy sauce
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cloves finely grated garlic
- 100g agave syrup
- 10ml vegetable oil
- 200g Tempeh
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of chopped fresh coriander
In the recipe
Unit price per
If you don’t know what tempeh is, then you’re missing out. Originally devised in Indonesia, tempeh is made from cooked soya beans that are then fermented in sliceable, oblong patties in which you can see whole beans. So now you know!
With a lovely nutty flavour, it works perfectly with these pan-Asian flavours to deliver a true taste sensation. Quick, easy to prepare and a perfect match with a glass of perfectly chilled Brothers Festival Apple Cider. Just add sun, music and friends.
At Brothers Cider we are proud that all our ciders are Vegan Society Accredited, so you can relax in the knowledge that this delicious recipe for Glazed Tempeh Burgers is 100% suitable for vegans.
Method - Serves 1
- Add all the glaze ingredients including the Brothers Festival Apple Cider to a saucepan, whisk and bring to a simmer at a medium heat (10-15 minutes), reducing until a light syrup constancy. Glaze is now ready to rock!
- Cut the tempeh into a 200g patty. Add a little vegetable oil to a frying pan and bring to a medium heat.
- Lightly season the tempeh with salt, and fry on both sides until golden.
- Add the glaze to the frying pan and continue to reduce until sticky. Ensure all the tempeh is nicely coated with the sticky glaze.
- Add the sesame seeds and fresh coriander.
- Add the tempeh to a burger bun with fresh lettuce and enjoy!