- 1 tbsp oil
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 medium gala apples, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 100ml BBQ sauce
- 250ml Toffee Apple Cider
- 1 tbsp honey
In the recipe
Toffee Apple Cider
Unit price per
In our humble opinion, there isn’t much better than coming home to a warming, home-cooked meal. This delicious Autumn Toffee Apple cider recipe can be thrown together in 25 minutes before leaving the house and then left to cook in the slow cooker, ready to serve when you come home.
Full of sweet, sticky, smoky goodness, our Toffee Apple cider really comes into its own in this recipe and is the perfect way to finish off the day.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Brown chicken thighs on both sides; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Remove from pan.
- Add onion to the same skillet; cook and stir over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in barbecue sauce, honey and Toffee Apple; increase heat to medium-high.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Add chicken and apples to slow cooker, pour over Toffee Apple mixture.
- Cover and cook on low 3.5 hours until chicken is tender.
- Serve with steamed veg.