Yes, that’s right, this time 25 years ago Brothers cider was launched in the iconic fields of Glastonbury Festival, during which over 80,000 festival goers joined us to celebrate its 25th year and enjoyed massive acts including the likes of Oasis, Simple Minds, PJ Harvey, Portishead and The Cure to name but a few.
Brothers Cider was introduced to festival revellers in June 1995 at the Jazz World Stage, now known as West Holts. The cider proved an instant hit and, due to demand soon became available at supermarkets throughout the country.
Today, the Brothers range of curious of flavours is proving to be a big hit throughout the UK and in over 20 countries worldwide. Pretty amazing story huh!
In case you didn’t know, the actual real brothers, Matthew, Jonathan, Francis and Daniel (yes they do exist) are steeped in history coming from 14 generations of cider makers - seems good taste and a natural talent to make lovely ciders runs strong with in the family.
Here's to another 25 years!
Other 1995 fun facts
• Brothers Cider introduced to the world at Glastonbury Festival
• Unchained Melody by Robson & Jerome was the UK's best-selling single
• Jagged little pill by Alanis Morrissette released in June 1995 won album of the year
• Die Hard: With a Vegeance was the highest grossing film of the year
• eBay introduced itself to the world
• Pubs (in England) were permitted to stay open throughout Sunday afternoons 😊
• Kendall Jenner, Post Malone, Dua Lipa, Doja Cat and Kian Lawley were all born in 1995