- 4 large eggs
- 220g granulated sugar
- 140g soft brown sugar
- 170g unsalted butter
- 300g plain white flour
- 150ml Toffee Apple cider
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1tbsp vanilla essence
- 3tbsp vegetable oil
- 125ml milk
- Icing sugar for dusting
In the recipe
Toffee Apple Cider
Unit price per
Grab your aprons and pre-heat your ovens, Brothers delicious Toffee Apple Cider cake is the perfect recipe for some homemade baking. A light fluffy sponge with a Toffee Apple twist, a tasty treat that can be ready in an hour.
- Heat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
- Grease a deep 18cm round cake tin.
- Whisk the 4 eggs in a bowl.
- Mix together the softened butter and sugars until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and whisk.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt and vanilla into the bowl and mix well.
- Mix in the vegetable oil and milk.
- Add Brothers Toffee Apple cider and stir.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared cake tin and gently level the surface.
- Bake for 30–40 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and leave the cake to cool in the tin for 20 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and set aside to cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.