- 1kg Pork shoulder
- 400g shallots (peeled and halved)
- 1 chopped onion
- 100g bacon lardons
- 300ml Brothers Toffee Apple Cider
- 400ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 100ml Creme Fraiche
- Handful of tarragon
- Crusty bread
In the recipe
Toffee Apple Cider
Unit price per
Casseroles are classic comfort food and our Pork & Toffee Apple Cider Casserole is no exception. If you fancy something a little different, our homemade casserole recipe will be right up your street.
It may take a little time to prepare but trust us, it's well worth the effort. Simple, low cost and ideal for feeding a crowd.
Method - Serves 4
- Place a pot on a gentle heat and add a glug of oil.
- Add the pork shoulder chopped into 3cm cubes and brown for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove all contents from the pot.
- Add the shallots and one chopped onion. Remove from pot once brown.
- Fry the bacon lardons until crisp and then return all contents back to the pot.
- Pour in 300ml of Brothers Toffee Apple Cider and 400ml of chicken stock. Stir and bring to boil.
- Partially cover with the lid and simmer for 1 to 1.5 hours until the pork is nice and tender.
- Add the dijon mustard, creme fraiche, tarragon and stir.
- Serve with crusty bread.