Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy statement describes the personal data collected or generated (processed) when you use the Brothers Drinks Co. Ltd (“the company”) website. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
When interacting with our site, data is automatically collected. For example, your web browser or mobile device may share certain data with the company as those devices interact with the company’s Site. More information about these practices are included in the Cookies section below.
This data includes:
Cookies, IP addresses, referrer headers, data identifying your web browser and version, and web beacons and tags.
What personal data we collect and when
We ask you for certain personal data to provide you with the products or services you request. For example, when you make purchases, contact our consumer services, request to receive communications, create an account, participate in our events or competitions.
This personal data includes your:
- Contact details including name, email, telephone number and shipping, billing address
- Login and account information, including email address and password
- Personal details including date of birth and purchase history
- Payment or credit card information
- Images, photos and videos
- Personal preferences including your wish list as well as marketing and cookie preferences.
Why the company needs to collect and store data
We use the personal data we collect from you in the following ways:
To provide the product you have purchased
When you make a purchase from our site we will use your data to provide the product you have bought and communication any information regarding that purchase.If you speak with our customer service team, we will use this data to help resolve any problem or query.
In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
To communicate information about promotions, events and products
When you opt-in to subscribe to our mailing you are giving us consent to communicate any information about the company to you. To opt-out of the company mailing list use the link at the bottom of your email. Or pop us an email at email@example.com
To improve our products and services
We may use the data from Cookies to help improve the services on our website. When you make a purchase, we may also use your data for internal stock takes and accounting. We may also use your data for research and analysis purposes.
How the company will use the personal data it collects about individuals
The company will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than necessary. The company is required to keep information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data will be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Protection and management of your data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted.
All data is managed via secure outsourced affiliates.
Sharing of personal data with third parties
We may pass your personal data on to a third-party service provider contracted to the company in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to deliver email marketing campaigns. The third party will only retain your details for the duration of the contracted service and will dispose of your details in line with the company’s procedures upon completion of the contract.
Our website and digital communication channels contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Under which circumstances the company will contact you
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
How you can find out what personal data the organisation holds about you
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that the company refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in section 11.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your data.
You can also request:
- Identity and contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data controller, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of the company, or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information this is done securely in accordance with the requirements of GDPR.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing
Where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, including opting-out from the use for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please use the hyperlink provided above or contact the Data Controller as shown below.
What forms of ID you need to access information about you
The company must validate your identity when you request information about your personal data.
We accept the following forms of ID:
- Full Birth certificate
One of these must be accompanied by a proof of address:
- Utility bill from the last three months
- Driving Licence
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by the company or by a third party as described above or about how a complaint has been handled, you have the right to complain to the company data controller, or to lodge a complaint direct with the supervisory authority.
Supervisory authority contact details