- 250 ml Brothers Toffee Apple cider
- 4oz butter
- 2oz caster sugar
- 2oz soft light brown sugar
- 6oz self-raising flour
- 4 medium to large eating apples
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg (optional)
- Icing sugar for sprinkling (optional)
In the recipe
Toffee Apple Cider
A winter warmer in dessert form… the sweetest of all crumbles. Brothers Toffee Apple cider crumble is a firm favourite for a cold frosty day.
• Peel, core and slice apples, add ½ bottle toffee apple cider, retain a small amount for sprinkling on top of crumble.
• Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and put onto heat to soften apples and reduce liquid.
• Mix dry ingredients, butter, sugars, self-raising flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg together.
• Form fine breadcrumbs and start to slightly stick together.
• Pour the apples with juice into a pie dish and top with the crumble mix, sprinkle over a few drops off the left over Toffee Apple cider.
• Cook in oven for 30-40 minutes on gas mark 5 until centre is firm to the touch.
• Take out and cool and if wanted sieve over a small amount of icing sugar.