- 200ml Brothers Toffee Apple
- 375g Softened Butter
- 500g Soft Brown Sugar
- 8 Eggs
- 575g Plain Flour
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 200ml Brother’s Toffee Apple Cider
- 3 Bramley Apples
- 1 jar caramel sauce
- 3 Toffee Apples
For the icing:
- 575g Icing Sugar
- 200g Softened unsalted butter
- 75ml Brother’s Toffee Apple Cider
In the recipe
Toffee Apple Cider
Unit price per
The perfect cake for any Toffee Apple super fan! This triple layer Toffee Apple drizzle cake will be sure to get jaws dropping!
• Start by preheating your oven to 160C fan, grease and line 3 x 22cm/8” cake tins.
• Peel and chop the apples into 3cm chunks, sprinkle with some of the soft brown sugar and set to one side.
• Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
• Add the eggs one at a time, mixing in-between each.
• Add the flour, baking powder, apple chunks then fold to combine. Mix in the cider.
• Divide between the three tins and bake for around 1hr 10 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
• Leave in the tins to cool for at least 20 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
• To make the buttercream beat the butter until very soft then gradually add the icing sugar. Once the icing sugar and butter is combined mix in the cider.
• To stack the cake, once completely cool, stick the bottom later to a cake board or plate with a little of the icing. Ice with a layer of the toffee apple icing and a couple of tablespoons of caramel sauce. Add the next layer of cake and repeat. Ice the whole cake in a thin layer of buttercream, this is easiest if done while using a cake turntable. Pop the cake in the fridge for 20 minutes to firm up.
• Use the remaining buttercream to ice the outside of the cake. Top with the remaining caramel sauce, pushing a little over the edges to create a caramel drip.
• Top with toffee apples (optional), serve and enjoy with a Brother’s Toffee Apple Cider!
Recipe courtesy of www.emilys-kitchen.com