In the recipe
Toffee Apple Cider
Spice up your Saturday night with these tongue tingling crispy fire cracking chicken wings! Serve with extra hot sauce on the side!
Method serves 2-3:
• Start by prepping the chicken wings. If the wings are whole, start by cutting off the wing tip with sharp knife and discard.
• Next, separate the wingette (forearm, also known as the flat) from the drumette (upper arm), which is a mini drumstick.
• Place the wing pieces into a zip lock bag and add the two tablespoons of Smokey Chipotle BBQ Rub.
• Massage the bag to get a nice even coating on all the wings. Leave to marinade for a couple of hours or overnight in the fridge.
For the glaze.
• This can be done well in advance or even the day before. Add all the glaze ingredients into a pan and reduce until it reaches a syrup like consistency. This should take around 10-15 minutes. The amount of hot sauce you want to use is up to you, depending on how hot you like it.
• Allow to cool and put in the fridge.
• Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C. Place the wings on an oiled baking sheet. Cook in the oven for around 35-40 minutes, turning half way through. The wings are done when the skin is crispy and the meat pulls from the bone.
• Once the wings are cooked, melt the butter in a wok and add the cooked wings. Toss in the wok until the wings are nicely coated.
• Pour over the toffee apple glaze and continue to toss the wings in the pan. The glaze will start to caramelise on the wings. Once they are well coated they are ready to serve.
• Serve with extra hot sauce on the side, garlic bread and plenty of blue cheese dip. To get your wings super crispy, you can also deep fry them, rather than cooking them in the oven.
Recipe courtesy of thesmokeycarter.com