250ml Coconut & Lime Brothers Cider
280g approx Firm Tofu
2 tbsp Sesame oil (can use olive oil but flavour may be affected)
2 tbsp Maple syrup
3 tbsp Soy sauce
Juice of half a lime
1 Clove of garlic, crushed
Small bunch Coriander
180g approx Sticky rice
Tofu is a great source of protein and a very versatile ingredient. So, why not mix it up with some Brothers Coconut & Lime cider and enjoy with your favourite sides!
Method serves 2:
• Drain and press Tofu for a minimum of 15mins (but longer if possible).
• Follow packet instructions to make sticky rice.
• Make the marinade by mixing all wet ingredients, plus the crushed garlic and half of the coriander together in a large bowl.
• Once the Tofu strained, chop into 1cm cubes and place in the marinade for an at least an hour. (For best results leave covered overnight in the fridge.)
• In a large frying pan or wok on a medium heat add a tbsp of oil.
• Scoop out the soaked Tofu cubes (leaving majority of marinade in the bowl) and add to pan.
• Cook the Tofu until golden brown.
• Simmer the remaining marinade in a small saucepan to reduce slightly.
• Portion out the cooked rice and add the cooked Tofu and reduced marinade.
• Add extra soy sauce, squeeze of lime and coriander to taste.
Recipe courtesy of dirtygingervegan