- 500g cherries (stoned & halved)
- 1100ml Brothers Cherry Bakewell Cider
- 1 pack black cherry jelly
- 1 pack raspberry jelly
- 180g Amaretti biscuits
- 1kg ready-made custard
- 600ml double cream
- Flaked almonds
We are firm believers that good things come to those who wait, and this trifle is no exception. The quintessentially British trifle is paired with our Cherry Bakewell Cider to create a delicious dessert for everyone to enjoy. Modifying a classic recipe is what we do best, and this is no exception.
Method - Serves 6
- Start by adding the cherries to the bottom of a trifle dish.
- Make the black cherry jelly with 500ml Brothers Cherry Bakewell Cider (instead of water).
- Pour jelly over the cherries and add to the fridge to set.
- Add half the custard and put back in the fridge to set.
- Make the raspberry jelly using another 500ml Brothers Cherry Bakewell Cider, and then gently place the Amaretti biscuits over the custard.
- Spoon over the raspberry and Brothers Cherry Bakewell Cider jelly.
- Next (you guessed it!) put the trifle back into the fridge again to set the jelly layer.
- Once firm, add the remainder of the custard, and prepare the cream whilst this layer sets back in the fridge again.
- Whisk the cream with 100ml of Brothers Cherry Bakewell Cider until thickened. Spoon the cream onto the trifle and top with the flaked almonds.
- Grab a spoon and tuck in!